Ingredients: * 1 cup melted butter * 1 cup white sugar * 1 cup, packed brown sugar * 2 whole eggs * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract * 2 cups all purpose flour (sifted) * 1 teaspoon baking soda * 1 … Continue reading Oatmeal Cookies with Cinnamon Chips
It has been a month since the last time I blogged. Just because I was preparing for something to happen. Well, I was saving up for an important journey in my life. Everybody wants to travel, be it local or … Continue reading Cairo, Egypt
Ingredients: Italian spaghetti noodle 250 grams 2 tbsp. melted butter 2 tbsp. olive oil 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 can sliced mushroom 1/4 to 1/2 kg medium shrimps, peeled. 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese 1 can evaporated milk 1 can … Continue reading Shrimp Pasta with Parmesan Alternatives
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 stalks lemongrass, lightly pounded
- 3 small slices fresh galangal
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can straw mushroom or local fresh mushrooms
- 3 fresh lime leaves
- 2 chili pepper
- 20 large shrimp
- 1 small can coconut milk
- fresh cilantro to garnish
- Wash the prawns and shell them without removing the tails.
- Bring stock broth to a boil. Add lemongrass, galangal, chili, and lime leaves. Bring back to a boil then add mushrooms, fish sauce and lime juice. Add coconut milk. Add prawns. As soon as prawns turn pink, serve garnished with cilantro.
- If lime leaves are not available, you can substitute it with lime zest. Two tablespoons of lime zest are equivalent to four lime leaves.
- Adjust ample amount of chili peppers, others do not like it to be too spicy.
- You can also mix other seafood varieties: squid, mussels, shells, salmon etc.
- The key ingredient for Tom Yum is the Galangal
I would love to hear your comments. 🙂 Continue reading Earthly Interests
Ingredients 1 small cabbage 4 stalks lemongrass small amount of malunggay 2 thumb-sized fresh ginger 1 small Chayote: seeded and cut into 2-inch wedges ½ kilogram chicken, (preferably breast part) 2 tablespoons fish sauce 1 cup chicken broth 4 … Continue reading Chicken Tinola
Ingredients: 1 kilogram pork back ribs Mc Cormick barbecue original mix 1 tbsp. oyster sauce ½ cup chicken broth Salt and pepper Catsup Sauce: 1 cup banana catsup 1 tbsp minced garlic 3 tbsp butter or margarine 1 small … Continue reading PORK SPARERIBS WITH CATSUP SAUCE
Ingredients: Rotini noodles (twisted) 250 grams 2 tbsp. melted butter 2 tbsp. olive oil 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 can sliced mushroom 1 can tuna flakes 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese 1 can evaporated milk 1 can heavy cream 1 … Continue reading Tuna Pasta
Ingredients: * 1/4 kg pork belly, sliced * 2 tbsp. oyster sauce * 4 cups steamed rice (preferably Jasmine Rice) * 3 tbsp. bagoong (shrimp paste) * 1 teaspoon minced garlic * 1 tbsp. olive oil * Salt and pepper … Continue reading Bagoong Rice (Jasmine Rice with Shrimp Paste)
Ingredients: 1 cup medium tapioca pearls 1 sachet gelatin powder (preferrably Buko Pandan flavor) For sugar syrup: 2 cups brown sugar, 2 cups water 1 tbsp. vanilla extract Instructions: Cook the tapioca pearls according to package instructions. Cook … Continue reading Sago at Gulaman
Ingredients 340 grams (extra soft or soft tofu) For sugar syrup: 1 cup brown sugar; 1 cup water ½ cup uncooked sago pearls 4½ cups water Instructions Pour 4 cups of water in a cooking pot. Bring to a … Continue reading Taho (Silken Tofu with Sugar Syrup)
Ingredients: 3 tbsp. olive oil 2 cups chicken broth 1 large onion, diced 2 cups white rice, soaked in water for 15 minutes and then drained 4 garlic cloves, chopped 1 large red bell pepper (cut into strips) 2 large … Continue reading SEAFOOD PAELLA