Congee is a type of rice porridge popular in many Asian countries. Arrozcaldo is the Filipino version of congee. Typically served during rainy season and or when someone is sick.
- 1 piece chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tbsp. fish sauce
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup green onion (minced)
- 2 knobs ginger
- 3 pieces hard-boiled eggs
- 1 piece lemon
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- Shredded pork skin
- In a pot, heat the cooking oil then saute garlic and ginger.
- Add chicken broth, put-in the chicken breast, and cook until tender.
- Add fish sauce and uncooked rice. Mix and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour-in water and bring to boil.
- Stir occasionally and simmer until rice is fully cooked.
- Serve hot with minced green onion, hard-boiled eggs, shredded pork skin and lemon.
Share and Enjoy!
For this dish I used shredded pork skin to garnish instead of roasted garlic.
I would love to hear from you! 🙂