- 1 cup mung beans, soaked in water (overnight)
- 1 bunch fresh spinach or cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sautéed shrimp paste
- 1 small onion
- 1 whole tomato; cubed
- 5 clove garlic
- 1 thumbsized ginger; thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock/broth
- 2 cups water
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan. Sauté onion and garlic.
- Once the onion becomes soft; add the tomatoes. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Put-in the mung beans. Stir; add the shrimp paste and 1 cup water. Cover and cook for 15 to 18 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- Sprinkle some ground black pepper and then add the spinach. Stir.
- Add chicken broth. Let it boil for another 15 minutes.
- Add more water (around 1 cup or more as needed). Let boil and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy!
I would love to hear from you! 🙂