Ingredients 1 small cabbage 4 stalks lemongrass small amount of malunggay 2 thumb-sized fresh ginger 1 small Chayote: seeded and cut into 2-inch wedges ½ kilogram chicken, (preferably breast part) 2 tablespoons fish sauce 1 cup chicken broth 4 … Continue reading Chicken Tinola
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 stalks lemongrass, lightly pounded
- 3 small slices fresh galangal
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can straw mushroom or local fresh mushrooms
- 3 fresh lime leaves
- 2 chili pepper
- 20 large shrimp
- 1 small can coconut milk
- fresh cilantro to garnish
- Wash the prawns and shell them without removing the tails.
- Bring stock broth to a boil. Add lemongrass, galangal, chili, and lime leaves. Bring back to a boil then add mushrooms, fish sauce and lime juice. Add coconut milk. Add prawns. As soon as prawns turn pink, serve garnished with cilantro.
- If lime leaves are not available, you can substitute it with lime zest. Two tablespoons of lime zest are equivalent to four lime leaves.
- Adjust ample amount of chili peppers, others do not like it to be too spicy.
- You can also mix other seafood varieties: squid, mussels, shells, salmon etc.
- The key ingredient for Tom Yum is the Galangal
Ingredients: one cucumber white vinegar white sugar salt pepper dice the cucumber and place in a bowl. estimate the amount of white vinegar, white sugar, salt and pepper. serve and enjoy! happy eating! Continue reading Cucumber Salad